Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trip to Denver

This trip to Denver was our first time driving back with the children, we usually fly except Shane had to tow a boat that his grandfather left him back home; so there began the 16 hour drive with the whole family. On the way out to Denver we stopped in Utah and stayed the night so the girls could play with their cousins. We were up at 4am ready to start the rest of the drive to Denver. Each of the girls had a DVD player so they were able to watch movies when they got bored. I thought that I would be smart and check out some books on CD from the library so Shane and I could listen to them...I am officially fired from that job. I picked the worst books .... They were putting me to sleep, I think the whole way out there I only drove 130 miles...


When we got to Denver Grandpa and Grandma made sure the girls had everything to play with Grandpa saw a teeter-totter at an auction that he wanted to buy, but missed the bidding so of course he just decided to make one. He also made that big bike the kids were playing on. Now we see where Shane gets it....like father like son.










Their cousin Sabrina was able to come and visit at the same time and all the girls had so much fun. They were inseparable and had to all sleep in the same bed. Grandpa was of course so happy to have all the grand kids there. Uncle Bill was there and was so happy Kolby was the baby not to cry when he held him he even got lots of loves by Brianna....which is saying something since she is so stingy with those hugs!











It worked out that we were able to celebrate Aunt Wendy's Birthday. I'll leave out the age....ha ha ha I think that she is like 25??? something like that, right?











Well it was a great trip and we had so much fun....Evie and I even got to go garage selling.... my favorite thing to do in Colorado and of course go for Chinese after.

1 comment:

Gedge Mamma said...

Hey, you better call me next time you are here...sniffle...sniffle. It looks like you guys are having a fun summer.