Monday, April 7, 2008

Birthday!


Ok...Friday I had my 31st birthday. Shane had taken the children the week before and bought me a bike and an attachment for Kolby to ride in... believe it or not the girls were able to keep it a secret. They surprised me with the gift on Friday morning. I wanted to all go for a bike ride but it was to cold and windy.. We had the big birthday celebration on Sunday over at my parents house. Brianna asked me how old I was and when I told her she told me she would like to be 31... I told her she would be one day....(That puts me at 58 when she is 31...how depressing!) All in all it was a great day....so nice to be with the family...I hope I have many more birthdays to celebrate...I'm not one that gets to depressed about age...

Although this is funny... we were watching conference on Saturday and the BYU Students were singing and Shane was arguing with me that he thought it was high school students... then they announced it and proved me right! He felt very old right then!

6 comments:

Shannon Martin said...

What a great idea for a birthday gift! How great that the whole family could do it together as well. We have often talked about getting one of those thing you hook on the back of the bike that the younger kids could ride in, Jared however says he doesn't think it is safe if I am the one riding the bike, which is probably true. Remember when I use to to try and ride the bike and you were on the back? Plus I can't remember the last time I rode a bike....great idea for exercise and the kids will love it!

April said...

Yes Shannon I could see how Jared would be concerned....I was always the one that had to pump you on the bike....since we crashed everytime you did...ha ha ha

Sara said...

You mean that you and Shane argue?! No way! :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
P.S. My legs still feel like jello...

JD said...

You know what is really sad...Kip and I just commented on how the members of the tabernacle choir used to look like grandmas and grandpas to us and now we see people that don't look too much older than we are! YIKES! (Jessica)

Nate / Mary said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!

Gedge Mamma said...

April, so good to see your blogging too. I am glad you left a comment. I miss you too and was thinking about you 4-4! A little boy?! Oh how cute. I'm proud of you for sticking to the workout thing. I still haven't found anyone to walk with every morning like we did, but of course I'm still on the treadmill. I convinced Kelsey to run the Boulder-Boulder with me this year! He is taking his PE today!! Love ya- Julie.