Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh, How I love to Paint!

I really say that jokingly... We decided to move the girls into one room and free up another for mister Kolby... So to get the girls excited to share a room, I told them we could paint the room....so off to home depot we went and they picked out a lovely light pink. In my mind I seriously thought that this would take one night.....(crazy thinking I know!) I taped off the room (I hate prep work!) put sheets down and started painting....when shane got home he found a frazzled and depressed wife....the room was sooooooo pink! Shane helped paint around the corners etc. and told me we were going to have to get another gallon of paint.....so off to home depot the next day. Well I was talking to the lady that mixes the paint....next thing you know I am coming home with a shade lighter.....(Ballerina Gown....yes that's the name, of course Kelli loved that!) Shane didn't know I got a different color of paint so when he started trimming it out I heard him yelling my name.....I thought "oh no....he noticed...ha ha ha" Well to make a long story short...I had to go back a 3rd time and get another gallon of the lighter paint....and finally we had a painted room. I had a bought a stencil to do a border around the room...thought that would be an hour job.....yes 7 hrs later it was finished...I seriously have to recalculate my timing on projects now that I have 3 children! In fact, I would say no projects equal happy mom. ha!

2 comments:

kira said...

When do we get to see the finished product?!? Congratulations on finishing the job in less than a week---especially with 3 kids!!! I would have a month of "construction site" house.

Up in Bubbles said...

Wow, I am impressed and what good helpers you have. I also want to see the finished product. I also second the -no projects equals a happy mom. I so love to do them but it is like taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. Everything takes much longer with kids. Good Job.