Monday, May 12, 2008

OK.... a few weeks ago Kolby slept through the night...oh it was joyous I awoke the next day and felt so good and that was all it took. I looked at the weather report on a Friday and decided I would have a little lunch party on Monday (it had to be Monday because it was to be the nicest day). So I didn't have time for invitations I just decided to start calling people. Next thing you know I was frying up 80 hot dogs...I guess everyone needed a little lunch and some chat time while the kids played. I had a great time the day was perfect....even a little hot...so next time we'll make it a lunch / water party! The little girls were so excited for the party and were asking me when we could have another one.... I keep checking the weather for another nice day. So keep beginning of June open....maybe it will be warm then! (oh just a side note Kolby hasn't slept through the night since.)


We have been riding our bikes a lot lately and it has been so much fun. The other weekend we rode to the park and had a picnic and flew kites it was so relaxing and Shane and I enjoyed being with the children. This Friday before we could go biking again we had to get some projects done around the house. One of them was staining all the wood work out in the backyard. Of course it was windy, the girls asked me why we had to do this...so I thought, oh teaching moment..."because it is so important to take care of the things God has given us." I think that God was really teaching me patience. I started off dipping there paint brushes in the stain for them.....but every 30 sec. they were asking me to do it again... so finally I ended up giving them there own can of stain and letting them do it themselves... so we have stain drips and runs on most of the wood....and I just tell myself it doesn't matter. Although it drives me crazy being a perfectionist. Why does obtaining patience have to be so hard?

5 comments:

bledsoeblog said...

LOVE the hat! You are so patient!

Ruby said...

Sometimes we get impatient with God's patience! you are a good mother

Vicki said...

April, you have sooooo much more patience than I do. I don't think I would even have been brave enough to let me kids stain!! I like the line about taking care of the things God gives us, I need to use that one next time. :)
Can't wait for your next party, so sorry I missed the first one. But being druged on the couch sounded more comfortable *wink*

Shannon Martin said...

Wish I was there, I bet your house is considered the fun house in the neighborhood. Well I guess it was here too when you were growing up. I love how much we are alike. I feel bad because you can tell the kids want to help so much and you know what it will look like when they do. I have to force myself not to even straighten their beds when they make them....

Shannon Martin said...

By the way made the tacos tonight and Jared has been ranting and raving about them. See my comments on your post....I guess we won't be going back to the ground beef with taco seasoning....